Nathan must have gotten the fishing gene. He kept Grandpa busy baiting hooks and casting while he reeled in fish after fish. I think he caught 15 within an hour or so. Then he got home and ATE three fish as fast as I could cook and debone them. I think he must be growing. He has been hungry ALL DAY for the past week. As soon as he finishes a meal, he starts asking when the next meal is. Miss Clara, on the other hand, gets more food on her hands, on her face, on the floor, in her lap, and in her hair, than she gets in her stomach. Her dinner yesterday ended in dramatic fashion, as she hurled her bowl of food across the room in violent rage. (How dare you ask me to use my spoon, Mommy!) She was promptly dismissed from the table and did not get dessert.
When we grilled mozzarella sandwiches for lunch, we didn't realize that this particular kind of mozzarella is impossible to eat politely when melted. This is the stretchiest cheese I've ever seen. What fun!
The farm in Sandpoint is paradise. I imagine heaven to be a place like this. I can understand why David has a hard time being satisfied with other places we've considered living. He was spoiled growing up here. Every time we drive up here to visit, I feel like I'm coming home. I cried last summer when we left to go back to Utah. I love our home in Orem, but there is something about this place that is good for my soul.
4 comments:
sherrie- i am glad you are blogging more i love reading it! sandpoint is awesome.
Rosie
AMEN to that Sherrie!
The Farm is what heaven will be like. I always feel like I am going home when I visit. I think it helps that it is run by two people who I love so much!
Hi Sherrie! I found this via my McKay family. You're family is so lovely - I hope all is well.
AND, I can promise your kids will love your blankets for ever and ever. My mom has made me some, and they're my favorite still.
Oh, and this is Heidi from BYU. :)
Post a Comment