Have you ever had started working on a crazy ambitious idea that, once begun, has to be completed? Last year, when we started talking about getting bunk beds for the kids, I realized that we didn't have much twin-sized bedding. So I had this "great" idea that I would MAKE all the bedding for them. It took me two General Conferences, six 12-hour car trips, and countless movies to finish Nathan's afghan. Then I started on a quilt for him. Of course, I neglected my kids for hours at a time while I worked on all this. I finally finished it last week, with the help of my mom. Now, I'm using the time when David is in Africa to start a quilt for Clara. I can only pray that I finish it before the baby comes. I could just go buy a bed-in-a-bag at Walmart (which would be way cuter than anything I could sew) and call it good. But of course, Clara has seen me working on all this for Nathan, so she is excited for me to do it for her too. Then, #3 will expect it too, and so on. Anyway, once the kids recover from the traumatic experience of having me make blankets for them, they'd better sleep well in their new bunk beds.
We visited Wheeler Farm in Salt Lake last week. The kids had a blast playing on this crazy tree with deformed trunks and branches growing out in every direction.
Nathan found some baseball bats at my parents' house this week. He used them to form alphabet letters. He used a string for the letters with curved lines. He is always doing things in ways that I would never think of.
1 comment:
What a dedicated mom, and I had no idea that you were pregnant with #3. Congratulations in more ways than one. Finishing those quilts is quite an accomplishment, but I have a feeling the birth of a 3rd will top it all. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment