Sunday, February 12, 2012

Boy crazy and Dad crazy!

It's been quite a while since I updated this blog.  My computer got eaten by a virus a couple months ago, so I have to snatch moments on David's laptop when (a) he is home, (b) he is not using his laptop, and (c) I have free time.  
Hence, it's been quite a while since I updated the blog.
I'll begin by explaining the title of this post:

Boy crazy: 
I was so boy crazy as a teenager and could never understand why boys didn't seem to be crazy about me.  The Lord must have felt pity for me, because He is now surrounding me with wonderful boys.  In addition to David, Nathan, and Christian, we will soon be adding another boy to the family!!  That's right...It's a boy!  Due June 15th!

Now for the Dad Crazy part: 
We had David's family over this weekend.  It was tons of fun, but I did not take any pictures. 
This picture is from last month's cousin visit.  David challenged all the kids to "Monster Olympics."  This means the kids try to outdo David in various physical feats.  For instance, he had to do the combined number of pull-ups that the kids did (28).  I think he lost that one.  Here they are counting sit-ups.  Nathan did 500 sit-ups at once a few weeks ago.  David also lost that one.

Every morning the kids try to prevent David from leaving for work. 
They especially like to do this on days when he is running late.

After he escapes from them, they run to the window to wave goodbye as he drives away.

It has barely snowed at all this winter.  When we finally got an inch of snow a couple weeks ago, David and the kids ran outside before dinner to build a quick snowman before it all melted the next day.
David is such a fun dad.  I really appreciate that he always makes time for the kids, no matter how busy he is.

1 comment:

emily, etc, etc said...

I have a hard time imaging you were boy crazy as a teen! I too was boy crazy...it must be a teenage girl thing! Congratulations on another handsome boy entering your life!!! That is so fun.