Friday, December 4, 2009

Our Wonderful Whirlwind Week

Now that we've had a week to recover, I can do a post about what we've been doing lately that has been keeping us from updating our blog. This is going to be long, so feel free to skip down to the pictures if you're not interested in the details!
Nov. 20th - David's family begins to arrive in town. Nathan throws up all night and part of the day.
21st - A bridal shower for David's sister, Dianna. Rosie and Jessica did a beautiful job putting it on. I love David's family! That evening, we had a bunch of the family over for dinner. David made p
izza! I love David!
22nd - Church. I stayed home with a sick Nathan during Sacram
ent Meeting. Then Grandpa Boren took my place so I could go to Primary and teach Sharing Time. After church we had another big family dinner at our house. After that, I went with David's mom to see a choir concert that Melani was in.
23rd - Grandpa and Uncle Ryan watched the kids while all the girls went out to lunch to cele
brate Grandma Boren's birthday. Christian was an angel and slept the whole time I was gone. In the evening we had another big family dinner at our place. Uncle Stephen and Aunt Rosie made a delicious gourmet masterpiece. After that was a big family home evening and birthday party for Grandma.
24th - We all went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple for Dianna and Matt's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding with a beautiful bride and handsome groom. The kids all looked darling dressed up in their fancy clothes. After the wedding was a luncheon put on by Matt's family. It was fun to catch up with relatives and get to know Matt's family better.
25th - David and I went with his parents and a few siblings to the Provo Temple to do a sealing session. It was a special experience. After we got home, Grandpa, David, and Nathan hiked up to the Y.
Then Grandpa helped David replace some worn out vent stack covers on the roof. Thank goodness Grandpa noticed they needed replacing. We would never have realized and we could have gotten water damage in our house this winter.
26th - We celebrated Thanksgiving at my sister LaChelle's house. My whole family was there and we had a great time eating, singing, laughing, and playing with all the little kids.
27th - We drove up to Logan to attend the baptism of our nephew, David. It was a very nice baptism. We were so glad he invited us to his special day. We spent the rest of the day up there enjoying
more time with David's family before they all went their separate ways.
28th - My brother Michael married Kristin Jensen in the Mount Timpanogos
Temple. It was great to be in the temple with my parents, and all my siblings and their spouses. We had a nice luncheon afterwards, and then enjoyed a lovely reception.
29th - Church and Clara's birthday. I have some cute pictures from the birthday party, but I'll save those for another post.
30th - I spent most of the day cleaning up the house, doing mountains of
laundry and getting everything back to normal after a week of festivities and not doing housework. Whew!

Nathan and Daddy at the "Y."

Nathan loves Grandpa Boren!

My sister, LaChelle, made the wedding cake. Murphy's Law was definitely at work. Things kept going wrong, including a whole section of the cake crumbling off, but she still managed to make it look gorgeous. I don't know how she makes such beautiful wedding cakes. I can't even make a pretty birthday cake...

...and I'm not 9 months pregnant like she is!

Michael and Kristin are a lovely couple. If I had any pictures of Dianna and Matt, I would also put them on, but we forgot our camera at their wedding.

Don't you ever just feel like sitting in the kitchen sink?

No comments: