Tuesday, November 30, 2010

An in-spire-ing view

 When we bought this house, we were excited about the large trees surrounding it.  For the past several months, we have relaxed in their shade, climbed their branches, savored their fruit, and listened to birds sing in them.  We have enjoyed looking out the window and seeing leaves, dappled with filtered sunlight and fluttering gently in the breeze.  As autumn approached and the leaves began to fall, we wondered what views our leafless trees would reveal.  This is what we discovered one evening as we walked by our front window:

 We knew our house was about a mile from the Mount Timpanogos Temple, (it takes us two minutes to drive there) but we didn't how close it really was.

We can see it in the background when we look at our Christmas tree.  It's a good reminder to keep things in perspective and remember what is really important this season.


This is the view from our rooftop.  Every time I walk by our front windows I am reminded of how near God really is.  There may be things surrounding us that obstruct our view of Him, but He is closer to us than we realize.  I am so grateful for this source of strength and assurance, no matter the season.

5 comments:

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Great pictures. Is that a Christmas tree I see at the Boren house? What did you finally decide on? How are the kids doing with it?

marian said...

love it!

Heather M said...

That's awesome! I never realized how lucky I was to live in UT so close to so many temples...until I moved here and the temple's not that far and a temple trip became about a 4-hour event...I can't even imagine people who have to drive for a day or more to get to the temple. We're so blessed.

Jeremiah Lintz said...

I like christmas tree

emily, etc, etc said...

I needed that Sherry - what a great reminder. And what a beautiful picture.