David's brother, Michael, was kind (and patient) enough to take a family picture AND babysit for us on the same night. He is definitely on Santa's nice list now. Clara didn't want to smile and Christian insisted on looking stoic, but at least no one was crying.
A cute boy who melts my heart!
Clara turned four a couple weeks ago. She wanted a princess cake and David's sister Jessica gave me this idea. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a cheap doll that was the right size, so it didn't end up the way I imagined. David laughed when he saw the cake. Prince Charming would not be able to reach Cinderella if she wore this dress to the ball. Clara requested a green dress and a pink dance floor. She was delighted with this cake, so it doesn't matter if it turned out looking goofy.
After 7 years of marriage, we finally have a Christmas tree. (and room to set it up!)
Of course, within a few days, there were no ornaments left on the bottom half.
Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved sitting in the dark and gazing at a lighted Christmas tree. There is something so peaceful about it. It's nice to be able to do that again.

5 comments:
I've always loved sitting in the dark looking at the lit tree too. Glad you have a tree too...that's sad it's taken 7 years. Did you have a little fake one at all before? The cake is cute even if it's a little funny proportionally. Your family is so cute. Hope you're all doing well.
We love the cake! We miss you!
You can buy the top half of a barbie at any craft store like JoAnn's for about $3. They are designed to go on cakes. I love yours though, very creative.
Our tree was top-half decorated and/or in a playpen for 9 years and is finally 'free' this year . . . at least for now! :) The lights in the tree are my absolute favorite for ambiance too! -Anna
Yeah! A Christmas tree!! Cake turned out fab - perfect for Clarita!
Post a Comment