Sunday, February 27, 2011

St. George

David had a conference in St. George last week.  His parents were kind enough to take care of the kids so we could spend a couple days there.  Neither of us had been to St. George before.  In the short time we were there, we enjoyed what we saw.  I loved the old red brick buildings against the backdrop of red cliffs. 
It's nearly spring there.  I've always loved seeing crocuses and knowing that winter will soon be over. While David was at his conference, I caught up on our family photo album and did some shopping. 
We also discovered at a chinese buffet that we love coconut shrimp.

The church must have known we were coming, because they were kind enough to make sure the temple was closed for maintenance while we were in St. George.  Just our luck!


David and his good friend, Brother Brigham.
 
We spent an afternoon at Snow Canyon State Park, 20 minutes from St. George.  There were some nice little hikes, including petrified sand dunes and a trail leading up to pioneer names written on canyon walls with wagon axle grease.  David saw this formation and knew he just had to climb it.  Someone had to stay below to take pictures so I volunteered.
 
This was a fun little slot canyon we found. 
Nothing like a couple days away from the kids to remind us how much we like them.


No comments: