Monday, May 16, 2011

A life well lived

Janeal Hansen 1927-2011
My sweet grandma passed away today.

Her life is a lesson on enduring difficulty with dignity and grace.  She was widowed at the age of 28, with four small children to care for.  She eventually remarried and had four more children.  She spent decades working hard as a farmer's wife and faithfully standing by her husband through poor health and financial difficulty.  She lived with few worldly luxuries but never forgot that she was a lady.



4 comments:

emily, etc, etc said...

Your grandma was beautiful...then and now! What a sweet tribute. She sounds remarkable.

marian said...

What a lovely tribute - she was really beautiful. I'm sorry she isn't here anymore for you and your family to enjoy.

jeanne said...

I see her in both you and Clara. We are blessed that you had her great influence.

Amber Ada Reimann Burns said...

I agree with Emily, your grandma was just striking. Love that picture! And I wanted to offer my condolences