Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Our perfect family

When I was a girl, my family was sometimes called "the perfect family."  (Usually by people who didn't know us that well.)  Two parents, two girls, two boys, a dog, and a cat.  People figured we quoted scripture all day, and that we always got along perfectly.  Hmmm...our parents probably wished that were all true.  But really, I couldn't have been more blessed in the family I was given.  We loved each other and (usually) enjoyed being together.  Anyway, here's what happens when "the perfect family" spends Christmas together.

Acting out the Nativity:
No one wanted to be Joseph, so the privilege fell upon Christian.  Cousin Sarah was Mary, and 3-year-old Peter had his heart set on being Jesus and sitting in the manger.  It worked out pretty well.

 When my mom pulled out this costume, Clara knew she was meant to be the angel.  She may be the first angel ever to throw a kicking, screaming fit.  We didn't realize that she intended to say all of the angel's lines herself.  It's quite upsetting when you're surrounded by foolish mortals who are keeping you from delivering the glad tidings of great joy. 

 Nathan came up with this wiseman costume.  He was an extremely wise wiseman, as evidenced by the large brain he has under that turban.

Grandpa Manwill enjoyed Nathan's new dart gun. 

My brother, Dan, who just finished a master's in mechanical engineering.  He really does have a large brain, although you can't tell from this picture.

I wish I knew what Nathan and Rachel were thinking in this picture.

3 comments:

marian said...

Sherrie, you crack me UP!! Nobody wanted to be Joseph in our Nativity either, such a thankless part. Just so you don't feel bad, out girls want to say all the angel lines too and we usually have to do the Nativity 3 times so everyone gets to be THE angle (no multitude for these prima donnas). Kicking a screaming are not unheard of either.

Heather M said...

LOL! I love ALL of your pictures! Your family is so much fun. Of course, I never accused you of having a "perfect family" but they sure were fun to hang around (and I don't remember anyone quoting scripture as a matter of fact). Glad you had a Merry Christmas seaon!

The Atomic Mom said...

Geat to know that Mormons, do in fact, have horns. Your dad proved it Sherrie! ~~Aunt Joyce